OpenVPN Connect is the only VPN client created, developed, and maintained by OpenVPN Inc. Our customers use it for business purposes, secure remote access, enforcing zero trust network access (ZTNA), protecting access to SaaS apps, securing IoT communications, gaming, regular browsing security, wifi security and more and in many other scenarios.
- Download and install the OpenVPN Connect app from the app store.
- Once your server is configured, and you have received your activation email, use Safari on your iOS device to download your profile, for example, https://premiervpn.net/ovpn/myemailaddress.ovpn and tap download at the next prompt.
- In the address bar, you will now see a small downward-pointing blue arrow; click this and then click Downloads in the menu. You will now see a list of items you have downloaded in the past. Tap the config you just downloaded.
- You will see practically a blank page with the config name in the middle of the screen, and in the bottom left-hand corner, click the share icon.
- Search for the OpenVPN app icon. You may need to click more and then scroll down the app list to find OpenVPN.
- Once you select the app, it will import the config and ask you to enter your private key password to connect.
This is really all there is to it – there are additional options we recommend you use. Once the config is imported, you can tap the little edit icon to the right of the config. Here we recommend you activate the “Enable Kill Switch” option. You can also save the private key password or add shortcuts to Siri to connect and disconnect using your voice.